How an online proofing tool brought sanity into my life? - Project Work Plan, Work Planning Tips & Tricks

Breaking

Tuesday 28 February 2017

How an online proofing tool brought sanity into my life?



Being a designer, my life revolves around creating visual concepts. Although now I enjoy my work, earlier I used to face complications in keeping things organized. The biggest pain at work was getting my designs approved from clients. But now, I have got rid of this problem. All the credit goes to the online proofing tool I use. In this article, I will shed light on the problems I had faced while working and how the software helped me in solving them -

  • No more scattered sample design files
When you are working on a design sample for a client, it is quite common for you to have to create multiple work samples. And the client gets to choose which fits the best within his/her requirement. Earlier when I used to create multiple design samples while working for clients, I had a habit of storing them in different places like third party applications, my computer and more. Whenever I had to find those samples to share with the client, I used to dive in the sea of files scattered everywhere.

Now, I upload every design sample in the tool, so there’s no time wastage in searching different files. I work in a more organized way and feel stress-free than I used to feel before as all of my stuff is stored safely at one place.




  • No more painful email threads
Another issue I faced was to go through the painful process of exchanging emails. Whenever I used to share my design samples with a client, I had to attach them to an email and send it. After that my client used to send another email telling about the chosen sample. I was carrying out every type of communication using emails and this led to a lot of mess in my work life. Besides, I often used to miss important emails sent by clients as other email alerts in the inbox would bury them in minutes.

With an online proofing software, now I don’t have to use emails to collaborate with my clients. I can share my work with them by simply uploading it into the software. The clients can add comments on the design sample right there, making it easy for me to track them and work instantly on those changes.

  • No more time- consuming review process
Prior to using an online proofing tool, getting files reviewed was the most difficult part of my job. It used to be pretty complicated and time-consuming. There used to be a lot of chaos as it was difficult to track the changes suggested by the client in the emails. If you are a designer who has faced this problem, you can understand how challenging such a situation is. A task of minutes used to take days to complete and negatively impacted by productivity big time.

But thanks to the proofing tool, all that has come an end. Now, I don’t have to wait for hours and days for the client to send an email with changes marked in it. I can simply go to the software where the client use to show errors in a file and work on those changes. it ‘s quite simple. No longer are the constant time wasting on reviewing and file approvals.


To sum up, I’d like to say that a proofing tool has simplified my life as a designer to quite a large extent. And I am sure if you are designer who can relate to the problems mentioned above, switching from using emails to this smarter option is going to be the best decision you will ever take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment